The P3 is the result of modifications (to P2) made by Peter PAW Maternus. The mods include frame dimensions, connector positions, single standoffs and bridle. The roll bars were removed. This improves the balance and some of the characteristics of the kite. For instance: tazmachines are easier to execute. Pictures provided by Krijn Hemminga.
Leading Edge Exel Cruise 6mm 135 cm
Upper spreader Exel Cruise 5mm 47,3 cm
Lower spreaders Skyshark 5pt 64 cm
Spine Exel Cruise 6mm 74 cm
Standoff Carbon rod 3mm 25 cm
Tailweight 14 gram
These dimensions were measured from the nose sewing (see picture) to middle of connector:
Upper LE Tiny APA 31 cm
Yoyo Stopper LE 53 cm
Lower LE APA 83 cm
Center Cross Knotted Ferrule 48 cm
Standoff LS 29,5 cm from thick end
Three point bridle:
Upper 53 cm
Lower 49,5 cm 5cm below APA
Inhaul 61 cm 5,5 cm below center cross
Leaders 150 cm
Click here to go the P3 Kite shopping list.
Some construction notes:
- This kite can be build using the techniques described on Tom’s excelent le Quartz website. We use double sided adhesive phototape rollers to fixate the sail parts before stitching instead of glue. The list of materials is quite (but not completely) similiar to le Quartz as well and can be found on the website mentioned above.
- Check out Krijn’s documented P3 kite build here!
- The position of the upper spreader rub patch (middle) is about 19 cm from the top of the spine.
- The sail in the nose area is quitte loose which results in creases. These creases are gone when there’s pressure in the sail. The loose sail (coupe) improves the (lower) windrange.
- A Bisonyl nose similair to those used on most Kitehouse kites was fitted. Just close the spine tunnel by stitching it 2 cm below the top (see detail picture above).
- Nylon tape is used for the Trailing Edge and the area around the Standoffs is fitted with extra folded Dacron tape. Although i didn’t add this in the example kite, it is advised to use a wider piece of dacron at the standoffs.
- The leechline is adjustable by using bungiecord at the centercross.
- A lead curtain weight (25 gram) cut to length (14 gram) was used as a tailweight.
- Alternative rods instead of Exel Cruise 6mm pultruded carbon: .240″ (6.1mm) pultruded carbon or Structil 6mm.