Sailcloth: Icarex PC31
Upper Leading Edge: Skyshark 2PT 67,5 cm
Lower Leading Edge: Skyshark 2PT 82,5 cm
Lower Spreaders: Skyshark 3PT 76 cm
Upper Spreader: 4,5 mm pultruded carbon 58 cm
Spine: Skyshark P100 82 cm
Standoffs: 3 mm carbon rod 27,5 cm
Rollbars: 2 mm spiral wound glassfiber rod 46 cm
Added tailweigth: 12 grams
PDF A4 tiles (no overlap, just paste together with schotchtape)
Close up pictures
The Essence is fitted with a 3 point bridle with one added line running from the upperspreader connector to the inhaul and pulls it in a bit. Click the image for the larger version with all the measurements.
Icarex PC31 +/- 1,5 m
Dacron 5cm 5 meter
Cordura or Bysonyl nose material 30 cm
Spinnaker seamtape 4 meter
Mylar 30 cm
Skyshark 3PT 82,5 cm 2x
Skyshark 2PT 82,5 cm 4x
Skyshark P100 82,5 cm 1x
4,5 cm carbon tube 60 cm 1x
3mm carbon rod 1,5 meter 1x
Spiral Wound glassfiber rod 2mm 1,5 m. 1x
Ferrule short Skyshark 2x
Ferrule long Skyshark 1x
Tiny APA large LE diameter 2x
APA large LE diameter, small LS 2x
Center Cross R-Sky 6×7 mm 1x
Jaco sailgrabber 3mm short 4x
Jaco sailgrabber 2mm short 2x
Jaco Standoff connector 3mm 4x
FSD splitnock 6mm 3x
Endcap 5mm 2x
Endcap 8mm 4x
Exel Standoff connector 7×2 mm 2x
C-clips 6mm 8x
C-clips 7mm 2x
Bridle line light 8 meter
Bungiecord 50 cm.
Velcro 2,5 cm 20 cm.
Dyneema line for leechline 5 meter
Curtain lead 12 grams
- The double line at the spine area marks the overlap for sewing.
- Align the icarex pattern to the spine when you use the single piece wing sections.
- The length of the finished Leading Edge tunnel should be around 146cm; the wingtip in the plan might be a little too long. Please cut to length before sewing the Leading Edge dacron.
- Use some dacron at the Standoffs and Rollbar on the Trailing Edge after sewing on the seam-tape to reinforce that area.
- Standoff length should be 28 cm LS rod to sail.
- Standoff connector positions on Lower Spreader, measured from center of Cross:
Inner: 26,5 cm. Outer: 31,5 cm.
- Rollbar connectors are made like this:
Drill a hole trough the side of the Exel connector large enough to fit a tiewrap. Cut the 7 mm. part at the side so the connector will point backward instead of upwards like the picture. Cut or melt a hole in de Leading Edge dacron as close as possible to the Leading Edge rod. Use tiewrap to fixate the connector.
- The leechline can be attached to the wingtip nocks or sewed in with the Trailing Edge nylon tape at the tips. Use a piece of bungie cord (knots at both ends) around the center cross and attach the leech line with larkshead knots for easy adjustability (just slide the larkshead knots).